Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Two Cents Worth

I'm 23 years old but I don't feel like an adult at all. I'm a child at heart, more often than not dependent, and I'm more emotional than rational sometimes... *sighs* Gosh... I'm so full of flaws... but then again, I'm only human... and that's my saving grace, right? =P

Most of the time, I wanna live my life the way I want it. I know that it's not always the RIGHT way because I feel so ashamed of myself and what I do sometimes. I need to be around people who are not so... worldly. I wish there were more people who would stand up for what they strongly believe in; even if they are the only ones standing... even if everybody around them labels them as freaks. I'm talking about standing up for Jesus Christ.

***

"Stand up for what you believe in, even if you're standing alone."

"Stand for God or fall for anything."


***

I have asked myself this countless times:

Do I really wanna join the crowd, have some worldly fun but suffer the consequences later?

OR...

Stick out like a sore thumb, be an outcast to the world, but be rewarded with eternal life in heaven when I leave this earth?


As much as I wanna do the latter, the former IS in fact easier to do.

I had once told myself that I would live my life in such a way that people around me would feel loved and appreciated. I also vowed to surrender my all to Him, trust in Him and let Him take control of my life. That's because God's ways are definitely higher than mine! Have you heard of the expression "Father knows best"? It's true... and I'm referring to our Heavenly Father... =) He knows what's best for us so why fret about the future, right? Just surrender your life to Him and He would give you the best things in life. Because He loves us so much, He only wants the best for us. It's as simple as that.

But we, as human beings... well, we are naturally rebellious, aren't we? We always desire the things of the world rather than the things that God wants us to focus on and then in the process, we overlook the small things in life that God has blessed us with. We only get to live this life ONCE and we can't turn back time to correct our mistakes, you know.

So everyday, we should be able to appreciate life as it is and be thankful for the things that we already have instead of asking for MORE. Never go to bed angry... so that even if you die in your sleep, there won't be any regrets... or "unfinished business". Celebrate life... from the smallest things like the clothes on your back, the shoes that you wear and the roof over your head... to your family, education, friends, job, etc. because TODAY is a gift. We take things like that for granted, don't we? ;P

It takes a lotta courage to do or say what you know is right when it goes against the crowd. But God is honoured and He will honour you for choosing to be true to your convictions and to Him. So go ahead and stick out like a sore thumb! Be an outcast for Christ! Be the ultimate Jesus freak! I'm a fool for Christ... whose fool are you? ;)

No comments: