Sunday, June 17, 2007

I'm Currently Listening To...


Kirk Franklin
Title: Revolution
Album: The Nu Nation Project

Book of Revelation
Chapter 7, Verses 16 and 17
(Yes, sir!)
They shall hunger no more neither shall they thirst anymore!
(Preach, preacher!)
For God shall wipe away
(Yes, sir!)
Every tear from their eyes
(Yes, sir!)
Get ready for a revolution!
What you say, uh!

Chorus:
Whooh... Whooh...
Do you want a revolution?
Woot! Woot!
Say, do you want a revolution?
Woot! Woot!
Whooh... Whooh...
Do you want a revolution?
Woot! Woot!
Do you want a revolution?
Woot! Woot!

Sick and tired of my brothas killing each other
Sick and tired of daddies leavin' babies with their mothers
To every man that want to lay around and play around
Listen partner, you be man enough to stay around
Sick and tired of the church talkin' religion
But yet they talk 'bout each other
Make a decision
No more racism! Two-facism! No pollution!
The solution?
A revolution!

(Chorus)

No crime! No dying! Politicians lying!
Everybody's trying
To make a dollar, it makes me wanna holla
The way they do my life, they way they do my life
There's gonna be a brighter day
All your troubles will pass away
A revolution's comin'
Yes, it's comin', comin'
Revolution's comin'
Yes, it's comin'
Revolution's comin', comin'

(Chorus)

[Kirk Franklin]:
What you feelin'? What you want, son?
Who you callin' to, son?
You know Jesus is the true Son
The second in the Trinity, I know you feelin' Him
Five hundred days left until the new millennium
You hearin' 'em
Trumpets sound the sky, Christ the last
The first, the first, the last and won't pass
So don't be caught slippin', brotha
Don't be trippin', brotha
Cuz when I see ya
I'm dippin', brotha

[Darkchild]:
Everywhere we go
We say we move too much, we do too much
You let them step against us, then you lose too much
Ain't no stoppin' what we doin' when the Spirit is movin'
Don't be hatin' what I'm doin', I'm the vessel He's usin'
Everywhere I be they try to judge me
They try to shake me, they try to budge me
But they can't break me, cuz I'm down with Christ
Darkchild and Nu Nation make ya feel alright

No comments: