Monday, November 20, 2006

[Overdue Post]: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun! (A Cappella Pop Musical)


Presented by Integrated Expressions Sdn Bhd


Girls Just Wanna Have Fun! was a pop musical that was a unique fusion of theater and performance done entirely A Cappella at The Actors Studio in Bangsar Shopping Center from October 11th to 15th. I'm only writing this now cuz I only got the pics from my cousin-in-law Daniel Wong today. On October 14th, I went to see the play with my mom, my 2nd elder bro Kelvin and my good friend Priscilla Wong's family members. Priss (Daniel Wong' sis) was one of the LiT Performers... =D




Presented in short comedic dialogues hosted by Vicky Ho (IACT staff member) and Cindy Chin, we indulged in their playful, sexy views on love, dating and the importance of sisterhood and girlfriends. From searching for the perfect outfit to the ideal man, the play was a smart, funny and essential guide to all girls out there! Hehehe... ;P



Proving girls DO know how to have fun, LiT Performers took on the stage with their powerful voices and newly choreographed moves. The music director, Penny Low is my former lecturer at IACT, btw. We truly enjoyed their fresh blend of songs and unique a cappella arrangements featuring Jessica Simpson's "These Boots Are Made For Walking", Westlife's "When You're Looking Like That", Barry Manilow's "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You", The Pussycat Dolls' "Don't Cha", Grease's "Summer Nights" (originally by John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John), Meatloaf's rendition of "2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad", plus a cool mixture of pop, rock and oldies.




Overall, the play was contagiously fun and entertaining, and each member brought their individuality onstage. The whole audience was laughing and toe-tapping all night-long... including yours truly! ^_^

***



From left: My mom, Aunt Cathy, Aunt Susan (Priss' mom), Priss, Me & Aunt Iris

***


From left: Joycelyn (Joel's gf/my sis-in-law Li Li's niece), Joel (Priss' 2nd elder bro), Jessie (my cousin/Daniel Wong's wife), Priss, Sharon (my godsis) & Ryan (my godbro)

***



My bro Kelvin & Priss

***


My cousin Jessie & her hubby Daniel (Priss' eldest bro), imitating Cindy Chin from the play... ;P


Daniel is the 27-year-old leader of Christ Clan, my co-dance choreographer, and also my cousin-in-law. He can be annoyingly "cute"... hence I feel like slapping him sometimes... >.<

No comments: