Thursday, July 14, 2005

What Should I Do?



Creactive is the pioneer student agency and the first of its kind in the country. Creactive is akin to full-fledged advertising agencies and like any advertising agency, Creactive offers a wide range of services to help companies build their market share; from advertising and public relations to sales promotion and multimedia designing.

Creactive is very unique as it is an advertising agency run by students. IACT students are selected to hold posts that are found in advertising agencies such as Marketing Manager, Account Director and Public Relations Manager. Through Creactive, IACT students not only gain work experience but also have the chance to hone their respective skills and put into practice what they have learnt in theory.

Since its birth almost two years ago, Creactive has been hired by various organisations to conduct market research, design corporate profiles, publicity banners, advertisements, posters and execute event presentations. Clientele of Creactive range from non-governmental organisations (NGOs) such as Persatuan Pengasuh Berdaftar Malaysia (PPBM) to retail outlets to an advertising association such as the Association of Accredited Advertising Agencies (4As).

Eric is one of the graphic designers in Creactive... and yesterday, while he was designing some ads, I gave a few ideas for the copy (cuz I'm a COPYWRITER in the making): "Creactive Is A Place Where The Work Starts & The Fun Begins", "Creactive Is A Place To Have The Best Of Both Worlds" and "Creactive Is A Place Where Serious Meets Fun"... and in the end, the whole team banned other ideas from the agency's existing copywriters... cuz they think the tagline I came up with IS the best! Even the advisor, Ms. May Gan thought my idea was good... and she wants to see me tomorrow. Eric and Bee Lin (who's also in Creactive) encouraged me to go join the agency but I'm not sure if I can commit myself...

You see, I'm actively involved in 2 ministries in church: Music Ministry (back-up singer/worship leader/songwriter), Youth Ministry (Cutting Edge Youth Cell) and I might join Eximius School of Performing Arts in a few months' time. And assignments are piling up every week... I'm afraid that I might not have the time to study at all... so should I join Creactive? Hmmm...


1 comment:

Cmate said...

Told ya you have potential to be a copywriter! I like the copy! Nice!

Looking around and see most of our classmates in CreACTive makes me feel that I've missed out a lot. Nevertheless, after my first failure, I just settled in by telling myself that maybe that's not where God wants me to be.

You have an open window here, one that God might have opened for you so that you may glorify His name in all that you do. But in the other hand, you have lots to do in church too! Similiar situation with me. I've got involved in many ministries in church too!

Time management is really important when it comes to decide whether you want to join CreACTive or not! If you can manage, go for it! If you're not sure you can, prioratize is the key!

I'll be praying for you, like I always do! Seek God and may He lead the way for you. Take care!