Thursday, November 10, 2005

20th Day Of Internship At Batey Ads

I had been working on the script for the Ministry Of Transport (MOT) the entire day. MOT is one of our biggest clients. Anywayz, the script is for a Chinese New Year TV commercial. I rewrote it so many times cuz the Creative Director, Julian Yap kept telling me to edit it... cuz my script was more like a mini-drama than a 40-sec TVC... hehehe... so I had to cut a few scenes and add some other elements in it. I'm glad that she's so nice and patient with me... and I learnt a lot about scriptwriting this week. She taught me how to build the characters in the plot, put some twist and humor into the plot and put some emotional elements inside.

I asked for the Copywriter, Puven's advice on scriptwriting too. He taught me how to visualize the scenes and put them into words. He's a really great guy... =D

Maryam (the Senior Account Executive), Rachel (one of the Account Managers) and Brandon (the Multimedia Designer) seem happy for me cuz I get to do this gig for MOT... if MOT liked my idea, it would be aired on TV, ya know... hehehe... no kidding...

I haven't seen Brandon in 4 days... unlike Maryam, Rachel, JD and Rees, who work one floor below, Brandon works at the ground floor, on the other side of the office. We had both been busy with our own work... that's why we didn't bump into each other for the past 4 days. But no worries, I'm going on a date with him tmr!!! It's our 2nd date... ;D I told Maryam about me and Brandon yesterday... hahaha... she thinks that Brandon is a really great guy and he would make a great boyfriend... hehehe...

Maryam is gonna resign in a month's time... gonna miss her... she still hasn't told one of the Account Directors, Azamin Ali, about her resignation. She was dreading it... she wanted to tell Min today but I advised her to tell Min tmr since Min was unhappy about some personal stuff this morning. Maryam and Min are close friends...

I just talked to my friend, Eric Lim Kien Fei (Lin Jian Hui) just now. I told him about my experience at Batey Ads and he's happy for me... and he said he wouldn't mind starring in the Chinese New Year TVC if my script got chosen... hehehe... he's so sweet... *muaks!* For those of you who didn't already know, Eric is a local Chinese singer... he won the Astro Talent Quest in 2001. He's English-educated, he can rap (his latest album has a coupla English songs) and he can sing so well in Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese). He's my dream guy... too bad he's taken... *sighs*

No comments: