Friday, February 3, 2006

AYA Festival 2006!!!



The AYA Festival was awesome!!! It was held at Putra Bukit Jalil Stadium from 10 a.m. to 10.30 p.m. Ps. Kenneth Chin, the founder of AYA (Asian Youth Ambassadors) and also the Senior Pastor of ACTS Church, was doubtful that this event was to be held on the 5th day of Chinese New Year but the Lord told Ps. Kenneth to depend on Him so Ps. Kenneth went ahead and organized this event in faith and the event was a success! Ps. Kenneth and his wife, Ps. Sandra preached about emerging men and women during the day conference and we were very encouraged! We had a great time during worship and there's this particular song that I really like... and it goes like this:

Come Holy Spirit, fall on me now
I need Your anointing, come in Your power
I love You, Holy Spirit
You're captivating my soul
And everyday I grow to love You more

Chorus:
I'm reaching for Your heart
You hold my life in Your hands
Drawing me closer to You
I feel Your power renew
Nothing compares to this place
Where I can see You face to face
I worship You in spirit and in truth



The conference ended at 3 p.m. and about 16 of us: me, my brothers Kenneth and Kelvin; my cousin Jessica and her hubby, Daniel; Brandon Lau and his bro Nicholas Lau; Bridget and her bro Benedict; my cousins Keith and Sue Ann, Wing Fai, Min Hui, Eleena, Calista and her sis Stephanie; went to Min Hui's place to chill. Those who didn't join us at Min Hui's place were Priscilla, Huiyoong and Victoria... I think they went back to Huiyoong's place which is near the stadium.

At Min Hui's place, I took a short nap on the couch while the rest watched CSI on AXN... hehehe... then we had dinner in Sri Petaling before adjourning to the stadium for the night concert. When we were on our way there, Priss called and told us to hurry up as the stadium was extremely packed by then!

Delirious?, a contemporary Christian rock band from UK, performed for the 1st time in Malaysia last night and it was totally awesome!!! Altered Frequency, my friend, Andy Yeoh's band, did the opening act and they performed Exalt, You and Jesus' Party... and their performance was great too!!! Bridget and I ran to the front and we were the closest to the stage... hehehe... so we had a great time worshipping the Lord and jumping till our legs felt like jelly! Woohoo!!!


My good-looking friend, Andy Yeoh singing his heart out...


The band members of Delirious? were so humble... there was a Q&A session during the day and they taught us a new song called Now Is The Time from their latest album, The Mission Bell. At night, the concert really sent chills down my spine as we could all feel God's presence in the stadium. They performed History Maker, Deeper, I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever, Majesty, My Glorious, Did You Feel The Mountains Tremble? and many songs from their upcoming album.


Q&A Session

***


Martin Smith, singing "Now Is The Time"

***


Delirious? performing at the night concert!!!

***


Daniel Wong of Altered Frequency

***


Andy Yeoh of Altered Frequency (isn't he cute???)

***


Delirious? at the Night Concert

***


Martin Smith, the Lead Singer of Delirious?

***


"Now is the time for us to shine..."

***


History Makers at Putra Stadium!

***


Delirious? at the Night Concert

***


"I wanna be a history maker in this land!"

***


Delirious? at the Night Concert

***


Delirious? at the Night Concert


After the concert, some bought T-Shirts, CDs, etc. I didn't buy anything... cuz I know my bro Kelvin would buy the CD so I just took a copy of the D2Y2 (AYA magazine) and a Delirious? poster for my dearest Len Jin... hehehe... who's currently studying medicine in India. He was so frustrated that he couldn't go to
the concert so I took the poster for him to make him feel better... ;P He's coming back at the end of the month for a holiday... =D When I text him after the concert last night, he was asleep on his desk so he was glad that I woke him up cuz he needed to study for his exams... which is starting next week. All da best, Len Jin! ;D

No comments: