Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Goodbye 2007, Hello 2008!



For those in the know, and to recap,
2007 was indeed a blast and I thank you all for being a part of it... y'all know who you are... ;D

My perceptions of things in life have changed. My tolerance level is notches higher than that of most people my age. My realisation of the number of
TRUE friends I have, dawned on me early this year. I have lots. And I'm grateful... ^_^

There are no losers in my life; only winners. My true friends are:

Bhanders
Julia Moh (aka Julz), Keith Hor (my former college lecturer, who's currently dating Julz), Jasmine Kow, Ker Yih Shin, Vicky Ng, Peter Tan, Sacha Dhanaraj, Emelyn Bong, Esther Lee & Bindiya Preet Kaur

'Hoes Over Bros' Club Members
Kiyo Yip, Angeline Kwan & Gina Yap

Close Former Co-Workers
Joseph Balan, Jerry Lee & Jacqueline Lim

Close Current Co-Workers
Vincee Tan, Colin Yeo, Liang Sern Sin, Jay Fong, Ron Sia & Ding Siew Ming

GetReal'07 Camp Committee Members
Joel Wong (Chairman), Shawn Yap (Vice Chairman/Activities Facilitator), Joycelyn Ang (Secretary), Kam Keng Lee (Activities Facilitator), Lau Sue Lynn (Treasurer), Chung Mun Fai (one of the best drummers I know!), Kelvin Tai (my 2nd elder bro; one the best bassists I know!), the Registration/Logistics team: Rebecca Wong, Lee Yen Mun & Alrease Wong, and my fellow Publicity teammates: Daniel Woon (aka Chun Hau) & Aaron Wong (my cousin; the Designer)

Siao Leaders
Cell Leaders of Christ Clan
Jessica Wong aka Jessie (my cousin), Daniel Wong (Jessie's hubby; my cousin-in-law), Bridget Shiu, Yoong Mun Keith (my cousin) & Tai Ken Joe (my youngest bro)

GetReal'07 Music Team Members
Arden Kuan, Stephen Cheang, Alisha Foong, Dexter Leow & Prescilla Choong

***

Angels of 2006/2007:
Vince Teh, Daniel Ding, Vincee Tan, Bernard Lim, Vince Chia, Chun Hau, Michael Chen, Agnel Raj, Andy Yeoh, Nicholas Teh, Joe Balan, Joshua Chu aka (Cuci), Wendy Lee, Devaraj Smith, Low Yian Keong, Natassia Teh, Lee Suit Lin, Tan Tai Yin, Brian Khoo, Chang Ler Yee (my best angel), Tan Aki Kuan & Mark Yee Len Jin
+
Bhanders
+
'Hoes Over Bros' Club Members

Discovery of the Year:
TRUE FRIENDS

Quote of the Year:
"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say, 'Jesus, could You please get that for me?'"

Trip of the Year:
GetReal'07 Youth Camp: Celebrate Life! at Malaysia Bible School, Rawang. It was spiritually rejuvenating, humbling and inspiring, thanks to the dedicated members of the committee (I was part of the committee but I'm referring to the rest of them... not myself... ;P), the music team (I was in the music team as well but again, I'm referring to the rest of them), Ps Alex Tan and Ps Kenneth Chin (both from Acts Church).

Lessons of the Year:
- Our faith in God is only tested when we're facing difficulties in life.
- Focus on the
PROMISE of God, not the PROBLEM.
- It's possible to praise the
Lord without love, but it's impossible to love the Lord without praise.
- The foundation of prayer is a relationship with
God.
- When
God blesses us with riches and talents, He wants us to use our riches and talents to bless others.
-
God never leads us to places where we don't need Him.
-
God created everything with a purpose.
- To discover the purpose of something, never ask the creation; ask the
Creator.
-
God's purpose is the key to our fulfillment.
- Our behaviour is dictated by our sense of purpose.
-
God turns our weaknesses into opportunities.
- The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom!
- Always ask
God for wisdom before making any decisions - big or small - for His ways are higher than ours!

Sorrows of the Year:
- The faltering friendship between me and Daniel Ding (aka Dan)
- Remon Chang's shocking and sudden death

Self-Changes of the Year:
- I grew up... =P
- "Social Butterfly"... lalalala... ;P
- Went to many places and met lotsa new peeps! =D

Parties of the Year:
- Miss Sixty & Energie fashion show @ Zouk KL
- Party @ The Loft with Dan for the 1st time
- The 'Hoes Over Bros' nights @ Maison & Poppy Garden
- Party @ Bar Blonde with Vince Teh, Julz, Keith, Vincee, Ron, Arianna & Joseph

Cocktails of the Year:
- Sex On The Beach
- Brain Damage
- Love Bite
- Nightmare

Achievements of the Year:
- Learnt a lot about the advertising industry and copywriting... =D
- Learnt patience
- Made new friends

Unexpected Surprise of the Year:
A special angel came into my life...
;) But he's a devilish one... grrr... We were roomies back in Tanjung Rambutan High... hahaha! ;P He calls me "Lu Kebab-i Lu" and I call him "Babi Hutanz", short for "Stoopidzbabihutanzwhohithisheadwhenhewasone". He's just a good friend of mine, not my boyfriend. He's not that lucky... =P

Amusement Ride of the Year:
My rollercoaster of life

Theme Song of My Life:


M i Z z . S c A n D a L o U s
Title: Halo
Album: Controversy is my thing... - OST


I never promised you a ray of light
I never promised there'd be sunshine everyday
I'll give you everything I have
The good, the bad

Why do you put me on a pedestal?
I'm so up high that I can't see the ground below
So help me down, you've got it wrong
I don't belong there

Chorus:
One thing is clear
I wear a halo
I wear a halo when you look at me
But standing from here
You wouldn't say so
You wouldn't say so if you were me
And I... I just want to love you
Oh oh I... I just want to love you

I always said that I would make mistakes
I'm only human and that's my saving grace
I'll fall as hard as I try
So don't be blinded

See me as I really am
I have flaws and sometimes I even sin
So pull me from that pedestal
I don't belong there

(Chorus)

Bridge:
Like to think that you know me
But in your eyes
I am something above me
That's only in your mind
Only in your mind

I wear a...
I wear a...
I wear a halo...

(Chorus)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish you a great year 2008 lot of hapiness see you jef

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

Happy 2008 to you :)

Best Wish

michsue said...

thanks, guys! ;D have a Fabulous Fruitful 2008!