Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Heartfelt Thanks

This post is to thank all those who celebrated my 23rd birthday with me last Friday and Saturday. Thanks for the parties, the gifts, the cakes, the wishes (via phone, SMS, Friendster and Facebook), the meals, the drinking... y'all rock my world!!! *muaks!* *muaks!*

Friday @ Greenbox Karaoke, Sungei Wang
with SoftCell Dudes & Babes

We thoroughly enjoyed our buffet dinner, the 6-hour singing session (9pm - 4am), the drinking (ahem!), the yummy strawberry birthday cake and I lurrrve the EARRINGS that Joel and Nic bought for me! (I thought they were gonna buy me some lingerie and make me wear it or something... phew!) Thanks for an unforgettable night, you guys! ^_^



From left: Colin, Keith, Aiai, Nic & Joel
(Joel is not my colleague; he's a friend of Nic's)

***



Vincee & I singing "How Do I Live"

***



Me & Colin singing some emo rock song... ;P
(Note the jaw-clenching)

***



Colin, Howard, Me & Vincee

***



Siew Ming, Me & Vincee

***



Keith & Aiai (my bosses)

***



We were too busy having fun to take lotsa pics; we didn't even take a group pic! Anywayz, just wanna thank those who were there to celebrate my birthday: Shirley Pan, Joel Ng, Ding Siew Ming, Ron Sia, Vincee Tan, Howard Cheah, Nicholas Wong, Colin Yeo, Keith Theseira & Chong Aiai

***



They brought in this yummy-looking strawberry cake when the clock struck twelve! I got many SMSes and missed calls during that time... ;P Sorry, it was just too noisy in there. Thanks, you guys... you know who you are... ;D

***



Ron (my Art Director) & I
(His birthday is 3 days after mine)

***


Me: Pour more Chivas for Joel! I wanna bring him down! Eh, where's my glass...

Joel: Eh, no, no, no, no...

***


Michelle - 1, Joel - 0

***


Ron doing the power stance... *rolls eyes*


On that night, I found out that most of us are musically inclined:
Vincee - plays the bass
Colin - plays the guitar (he was in a band)
Keith - plays the guitar
Aiai - plays the guitar and drums
Howard - plays the guitar
Nic - is the lead vocalist of his band
Joel - plays the guitar in his band
Ron - sings EXACTLY like Eason Chen
Siew Ming - sings EXACTLY like Faye Wong
Michelle - sings, plays the piano, writes & composes songs and plays the drums

We should form a SoftCell band... =D


Saturday
with Family & Bhanders

April 18th was my lil' sweetheart Lois Tai En Qii's 1st birthday!!! Time really flies, huh? My youngest niece is already a year old! =D I still remember how happy I was when she came into this world a year ago... ^_^ To celebrate both Lois' and my birthdays, the Tai's family and Lois' mommy's family plus a few close friends of my eldest brother and wife had dinner together in Seri Kembangan.


From left: Yours truly, Mom, Dad, Li Li (sis-in-law) with lil' Lois, Joe (youngest bro) & Kelvin (2nd elder bro)

***


Part of the Tai family
(cuz Lois and Eunice are not in the pic)

***


The cheese cake was scrumptious... mmmmmm... ^_^

***


From left: Kenneth (eldest bro), Li Li (Kenneth's wife), Lois (their youngest daughter), Nicky (Li Li's niece) & Eunice (my lil' princess)

***


Lois wouldn't lemme carry her... =( Only Kelvin was "allowed" to carry her cuz he resembles her daddy... -_-

***



Family pic! ;D


After dinner, I went to All Star Sports Café at Mid Valley Megamall to meet my beloved bhanders: Julz, Keith (Jul's bf), Jasmine, Yih Shin (Jas' bf), Li Foong (whose bf didn't turn up cuz he had other plans), Vicky, Peter (Vic's bf), Pui Yin and Asman (Pui Yin's bf). Yep, every member of the Bhanders Club is attached except me, Sacha (who wasn't there cuz she wasn't informed) and Bindiya (the "Egyptian-Princess" who was missing in action).

Oh well... *shrugs*

Anywayz...

They surprised me with a piece of chocolate cake when I went out with Julz for a short while! =D They bought me some cute gifts too and I love 'em... thanks again, my dearest bhanders! Although we don't hang out as often as we usta, I still love y'all to bits!!! Y'all the best, homies... *group hug* Too bad we didn't take any pics together this time. We were too busy catching up to take pics, I suppose... ;P After that, we had some drinks at Finnegan's till past midnight and then Julz, Keith and I had our usual mamak session at Steven's Corner in OUG.

All in all, I feel incredibly loved and blessed! ^_^ Without my family and friends, I would never be who I am today. So thank you all... *hugz*

P.S. -
Mommy, Papa, Godma, thanks for the angpows! Gina, thanks for the bag of quotes! Love it! ;D And JayDee, honey, thanks for the birthday lunch, the meaningful gifts and the cute cards... I love you for that... *hugz*

No comments: