Saturday, March 18, 2006

-:+:- Andy Yeoh Poh Kok -:+:-

Andy Yeoh, the lead singer of Altered Frequency


I've known Andy since I was 16 years old. He was 22 years old when I met him... a fresh graduate from the University of Georgia. He was introduced to me by a mutual friend, Roy Vimalan, from Grace Assembly, Klang. Andy was working at some TV production house at that time as the Floor Manager (or something like that) and he was in the Disney Buzz crew with Jien, Azura & Karen. Then he co-hosted a kids' show on the Nickelodeon Channel on Astro, "Don't Bluff" for a short while.

Altered Frequency (AF) was just a virtually unknown band from Klang back then... but since Andy and I had become good friends by then, I went for AF's 1st gig at Soul Cafe, Bangsar anywayz. He sang a few secular songs that night: "Heaven Knows" by Rick Price, "Another Day In Paradise" by Phil Collins, "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls and a coupla other songs like "Wherever You Will Go" by The Calling (sung by Daniel Wong), "My Sacrifice" by Creed (sung by Daniel Wong) and "Wasting My Time" by Default (also sung by Daniel Wong). Btw, Daniel's voice is a cross between Alex's voice (the lead singer of The Calling) and the voice of the lead singer of Creed. AF ROCKS!!!

Andy is currently working with the AYA (Asian Youth Ambassadors). He's also my cousin's colleague... ;D

Andy and I usta chat everyday... so he was like a big brother to me! But now he's so busy with his band, church, job and his gf, we hardly get to talk anymore... *sniffs*

Anywayz, I'm still proud of ya, Andy!!! *hugz*

No comments: