Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My Last Roadshow with Ixtive Media



LifeJunxion, by Biotherm had a roadshow at Inti College in Subang Jaya last Monday (June 18th) and Tuesday (June 19th) so the Sales & Marketing team of Ixtive Media (Jenn, Wai Loon & I) were there to explain to the students about GiX and IF.


Visit www.gixworld.com for more details.
Download IF, the very first interactive magazine (i-mag) in Malaysia for FREE!




Featuring Kirsten Dunst, Good Charlotte, SingleTrackMind, Transformers, Fantastic 4 and more!

CLICK HERE to read more about GiX and IF.

Anywayz, the first winner of Project Superstar, Johnson Wee performed at the roadshow and Liang (one of my favourite contemporary Gospel singers) was the MC.



This young singer/entertainer from Kuching, won himself a recording deal with Warner Music Malaysia - part of the prize offered in Project Superstar. The resulting Mandarin-language album, aptly titled My First Album produced by Malaysian and Singaporean producers showcases his impressive vocal range: Pop Rock, Pop Ballads, R&B and even Jazz.



As for Liang, I knew him before he became a recording artiste. I met him at a youth concert at Glad Tidings Petaling Jaya (GTPJ) in 2004 and he performed "To Da River" with the Eximius dancers. I almost joined Eximius in 2005, by the way. CLICK HERE to read about it. However, due to my ministries and other commitments, I had to put it on hold. Anywayz, I've always loved Liang's style as it's both refreshing and uplifting, getting me to groove along with him with tracks such as "Show Me Whatcha Got" and "Numsingin' It" from his 8oz Of Soul album and "Silver Lining" from the compilation Tsunami Album with a message of hope. By the way, I have both albums... ^_^ 100% original, okay!

I managed to take some pics with Liang at the roadshow:



Liang & I


I was more excited to have met Liang in person than Johnson Wee. While the other girls at the roadshow were screaming for Johnson Wee (whom I was so NOT interested in... bwahahaha!), I was chatting with Liang... ^_^ When I told him I was a fan of his, he pretended to be girlishly shy... kekeke... ;P Then we chatted a bit about his labelmates: Andy Yeoh (the lead vocalist), Agnel Raj (the drummer) and Nicholas Teh (the former guitarist) of Altered Frequency, all of whom are my personal friends. CLICK HERE and HERE to read about it. I've known them way before Altered Frequency was formed in 2001.

Liang is now the Director of 4our 4orty Records, by the way. Check out the site here: www.fourfortyrecords.com

No comments: