Monday, August 20, 2007

Today Could Have Been My 1st Death Anniversary

I received an SMS from a brother in Christ yesterday and it goes like this:

It's said that the future is what you make it. It's also said that it's the journey, not the destination, that matters. Yet, the future is often hard to make out and it's tough reconciling what we have to go through to make it through the day. Despite that, we have hope and faith to give us the strength to go on. Mich, you have gone through a lot in the past year. Hope you'll continue to be strong and positive, you owe it to yourself that much. Take care.

***

A family friend shared with me when I was a young girl about where I would go when I die. Since then, I have always known that I have eternal life and I do not have to worry about where I am going when I die. Because of this, I am not afraid of death and I know for a fact that life on earth is only temporary; it is preparation for eternity.

One year ago today, I was
abducted and although I was not seriously injured, I was hospitalized for nearly a week for observation and medical check-up. As I lay on the hospital bed, the possibility of death struck me so I thanked God for His love, mercy and assurance that even if I had died that day, I would go to heaven. And it is the same today. I know that if I were to die today, I would go to be with God in heaven.

Have you come to a place in your life where you know for certain that if you were to die today, you would go to heaven, or is that something you would say you are still working on?


Suppose you were to die today and stand before God and He were to say to you, "Why should I let you into My heaven?" What would you say?

2 comments:

InfiniteReveries said...

haven't really thought about that last question..... at this moment, i dont know =\

what would you say?

michsue said...

i wud say, not becuz of who i am but becuz of what U've done (He died on da cross and rose from da dead to purchase a place in heaven for us); not becuz of what i've done (we cant earn our way to heaven cuz heaven is a gift [For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life - Romans 6:23]; earning our way to heaven means we wanna "help" pay da price for da gift which wont be a gift anymore if we do that, right?) but becuz of who U r (my Father in heaven). i belong in heaven cuz im ur child and U're my Father and i trusted in u alone for eternal life. (for Jesus is the ONLY Way, the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except thru Him)"