Sunday, October 15, 2006

Time Flies When You're Having Fun... ='(

Saturday (Sept 30th)

It has been almost a week since the boys and I had a crazy night out (we went to Genting at midnight and came back on the same night). Dan went back to Ipoh 4 days ago... =(

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The video convo we had on MSN on Saturday night
(Oh look, we were both wearing our glasses)


Monday (Oct 2nd)

Dan text me, saying I should have followed Josh to Ipoh last Thursday... =_="


Tuesday (Oct 3rd)

By 5.30 p.m., I was already on my way to Ipoh... ^_^ Thanks to Jayson Yong!!! ;D Woohoo!!! It was a spur-of-the-moment thing... =P I had never taken a bus on my own before, let alone travel all the way to another state on my own. I did pray when I got onto the bus and all my fears were gone when my eldest bro Kenneth text me, saying, "Angels are watching over you." Thanks, Daai Lo... ;D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In the bus


Dan picked me up from the bus station at 8 ish and then we picked Josh up from his house. We went to pasar malam to eat "luk-luk" and we had Taiwanese sausages too. After that, we went to Friends Cafe to play Uno cards... =D Then we went to town to check the Ipoh bapoks out. "What's with the boys and bapoks anyway?," you may ask. Beats me... =P Most of the bapoks we saw weren't "pretty". Some looked like Steve Tyler of Aerosmith... =_=" After the "fun" transsexual excursion, we drove all the way to Dan's 2nd home: Tanjung Rambutan... XD

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We had our dinner here...

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friends Cafe

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Who's gonna get me another Heineken?

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Joshua Chu


Wednesday (Oct 4th)

Dan took me to his fav beef noodle shop to have breakfast. Then we walked around for a while and Dan was tryina speak in phony Aus and Brit accents to make me laugh... ;P

We visited his high skool (St. Michael's Institution) to reminisce his crazy days. Then we went to Ipoh Parade to walk around, check some books out (we had a good laugh about a book that described... erm... man's anatomy... ;P) and then we bought Japanese saké (rice wine). After that, we went back to his place to chill... we listened to his fav songs while browsing thru his old photo albums. We had a great time sharing our childhood stories... ;D At 6 ish, we went to a castle-like club to enjoy the view and then we had Ipoh taugeh ayam for dinner.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My 1st breakfast in Ipoh

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Goofing around with Dan's mom's shades

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He looks hot in shades... ;D

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ipoh town

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

St. Michael's Institution

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Back shot of Danny boy

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ipoh Parade

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dan took this pic of me
(He said I looked seductive in this pic but I was actually giving him a dirty look)

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

View from the club...

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Taugeh ayam!!!


After dinner, we went to Jusco to buy the cheese cake ingredients and then we met up with Josh. We bought some DVDs and then we went back to Dan's place to make the cheese cake... ^_^ Dan and I made it... Josh didn't help... =/ After that, we drank Baileys and Hakutsuru (the Japanese saké we bought earlier today). Then we watched American Pie 1 & 2 together while playing Uno... =P

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dan's place in Bercham

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The cheese cake Dan and I made together

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He looked like a proud father holding his baby... hahaha!!!

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I like his after shower look... ;P

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Baileys Irish Cream

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Japanese saké


Thursday (Oct 5th)

Dan and I had cheese cake for breakfast... it was scrumptious... *shows a euphoric face*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The best cheese cake ever made since the beginning of mankind


We had Ipoh white coffee in town before picking Josh up and then we adjourned to Cameron Highlands at noon!!! ^_^ We were feeling so emo in the car... hehehe... crooning along to songs by Diana Krall (Dan's fav), Boyz II Men, Richard Marx, Rick Price, George Benson, Babyface, Michael Bublé, etc.... hmmm... *stares off into space* I was sitting at the passenger seat and it was hard NOT to think about the person next to me (Dan to be precise) while listening to songs like that... *ahem!*

Lalalalala... ;P

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ipoh kopitiam

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ipoh white coffee

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

More pics of Ipoh town

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Josh's place

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our chauffeur

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Josh goofing around with Dan's stethoscope

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On the way to Cameron Highlands...

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I like this shy look of his...

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

T's Café
(We had Western food and English scones there)

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Faggots? ;P

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is what we saw from the window of T's Café

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I took this pic just for Jas the Bhander Cow

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These pics were taken at the tea plantation...

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Random pics I took on the way to Smokeyhouse Inn

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The gardens of Smokeyhouse Inn
(One of the few beautiful, British-styled inns on the way up to Brinchang)

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The interior of the inn

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

To add to the Brit-ness of the place they even had a red, boxed, London-styled phone booth with a working payphone in it

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The 3 Stooges

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

More random pics...

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Powerpuff Boy?
(Dan with his fav umbrella)

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Taken on the way back to Ipoh


We bought lotsa strawberries, btw... ^_^

We went back to Ipoh at 6 ish and then we had "daai chaau" for dinner. Dan and Josh knew each other since they were 9 so they had a lotta childhood stories to share with me... =D It was fun listening to them talk about how they usta drive their teachers up the wall... hehehe... Dan looked so cheeky when he talked about the crazy things he did in school... ;P

At one point, while I was sitting there listening to Dan talk, I was reminded of something Josh told me a coupla weeks ago... something that had etched deep into Josh's heart since 1994, the year Dan's dad passed away. Dan and Josh were only 10 years old then. When Josh asked Dan why he didn't cry at his dad's funeral, Dan answered, "Daddy's in heaven with God and no matter how much we cry, daddy won't come back to us... so why cry?" I was deeply moved when Josh told me what Dan said. What a profound thing for a 10-year-old kid to say... *sniffs*

Now you know why I respect Dan so much... he's one of the most God-fearing guys I know and he's such a humble and caring friend to ppl around him. I know that because we do have some mutual friends - some from his church and some from the Youth Alive Malaysia forum. Just read the testimonials that ppl wrote for him on Friendster... he's well-respected among his peers and the church leaders... =D This is what I wrote for him recently:

Just wanna say that I appreciate everything u went thru in ur life... ^_^ Ur life experiences made u into the man u r today; a man after God's own heart. I'm very proud of who u r and how far u've come. I can see that u've come a long way as u r wise beyond ur years. I truly admire ur strength and ur faith in God. Keep on rocking for Christ, Dan... I can foresee that u'll do greater things for God in the near future... ;D Keep it up! Thanks for being such an inspiration to me... u've made a difference in the lives of ppl around u including mine... so thank u for being YOU! God bless!

Btw, he's a youth leader, worship leader, guitarist and preacher... =)

Anywayz...

After dinner, Dan and I strolled along the streets of Ipoh beneath the moonlight. We took pics of each other with our phones... we talked... we laughed... but of coz, I was holding back my feelings... =/

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dan took this pic of me with his phone...

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I took this pic of Dan with my phone... ;P


When I was on my way to Ipoh, I told myself countless times NOT to expect anything to happen between Dan and I but it was definitely easier said than done... *sighs* I was practically fighting back tears when he talked about how we knew each other cuz there and then, I realized how much time I had wasted on other ppl. But then again, everything DOES happen for a reason (as clichéd as it may sound) and I know that God wanted me to meet a few wrong ppl so that when I meet the right one, I would appreciate him even more... *shrugs*

"Life without pain renders joy a worthless gain; for we know not how to appreciate having not experienced walking thru the narrow lane."

I've learnt a lot from my past relationships. I was always the sensible one but the guys I dated were inexperienced in relationships, not to mention immature, hence they left me picking up the pieces of my broken heart. When faced with problems in a relationship, my former boyfriends would back out of the problems instead of tackling them head on. By doing that, they actually robbed themselves of the growth opportunity each challenge presents. I know Dan is not like that tho... =D

Nevertheless, I wanna build up my spiritual muscles 1st before embarking on a new relationship. Altho I dunno if Dan is "the one", I believe that we would be together eventually IF we were meant to be... =) I do know that God wants me to seek Him 1st and I'm holding on to His promise: "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33). My eldest bro Kenneth, who's a preacher and a youth leader, once told me that in order to find Mr. Right, first I need to be the right person for
the one I'm meant to be with. In other words, I need to be Ms. Right before even thinking of looking for my Mr. Right... =)

So... anywayz...

At 10 ish, Josh came over and we played Uno while watching American Pie: The Wedding. Guys, PUH-LEEZE... next time, no more "intercepting", okie... that's cheating!!! Grrr... >.< I miss playing Uno with you guys... =/


Friday (Oct 6th)

During breakfast at Dan's place, Dan serenaded me with Richard Marx's "Now & Forever" (with guitar accompaniment) at his house. I can't upload the video of his singing to my blog cuz the file is too big... =/ I'm still keeping the video in my phone tho... =) I watch it whenever I feel stressed and it always brings a smile to my face... ^_^ Last year, he serenaded me via webcam to cheer me up (I blogged about it HERE) but it wasn't as good as hearing him sing in person... ^_^ This song usta make me cry cuz it reminded me of you-know-who but Dan changed all that and I love this song all over again... *melts*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Camera shy... =/

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dan's "wife"... or is it his "mistress"...? I forgot... =P


Josh, Dan and I had lunch at this place called "Daai Syu Geuk" and then we went to a music center to collect Dan's guitar. We spent most of the day watching funny videos and Austin Powers and then we went to Ipoh Parade to watch Talladega Nights. Josh had to go home for dinner so Dan and I had dinner at a nearby restaurant. After dropping me off at his house, he went to an all-night prayer meeting at Tronoh. He went there with his youth pastor (Pastor Elijah) and he even brought a big piece of cheese cake for Pastor Elijah to try... ;D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My lunch

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dinner in Bercham


I "ransacked" his house while he was out - Josh suggested it... *shrugs* I took some pics of his room... chatted with Wendy, Ler Yee, Josh and Julz on MSN... and watched Austin Powers till I fell asleep. Dan called me at 5 a.m. to open the door for him but after fumbling with the keys for a few mins, I gave up... so Dan had to climb thru the gate to get in... -_-

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Living room

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dan's room

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What I found in his room...

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The guest room

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dan's PC

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Video convo with Ler Yee at Dan's place


Saturday (Oct 7th)

The next morning, Dan overslept. I woke up early, got ready and waited for him in the living room till I fell asleep... =P When I woke up, it was already 10.30 a.m. (we were supposed to leave the house at 10.45 a.m.) and when I realized that he was still sleeping, I went to his room and yelled, "Dan!!! It's 10.30!!!" Then he got up and rushed to get ready... hehehe... =P We had a quick breakfast in town and I had Ipoh "hor hee".

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Another pic of me, courtesy of Dan

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dan & I

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ipoh "hor hee"

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dan's fav wanton noodles


We reached Church Of Praise at noon and I sat in the hall for an hour, watching the worship band practice.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Taken on the way to Church Of Praise

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Church Of Praise, pastored by Clement Wong (the Chairman of Youth Alive Malaysia)

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The guitarist in white is Dan, btw...

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

C.O.P. Boleh!


Then we spent another hour praying and I literally cried out to God to bring revival, awakening, restoration and repentance to my church (SLS). Pastor Elijah, Pastor Angela and Phui Han prayed for me too. When I saw Dan got down on his knees to pray, I could see how humble he was and I felt so much respect for him.

In the next hour, we had fun playing ice-breakers (esp. with Deva and Wendy around) and then it was time for worship. The worship was great and the sermon by Pastor Elijah was very inspiring. He preached about how we should be cheerful givers, history makers and dreamers. He mentioned that God is looking for a dreamer and it takes a man/woman of faith to be a dreamer. We must dare to dream big and we should not worry about being ridiculed as long as the dream doesn't hinder our relationship with God... e.g. Joseph and Noah in the Bible.

Sometimes God doesn't make our dreams come true because He knows we can't handle His blessings. God gives dreams that are big, supernatural and redemptive to fulfill our calling; not our desire. It was definitely NOT a coincidence that I was there to hear his sermon. The sermon topic struck a chord in my heart and I responded to the altar call. Pastor Angela prophesied over me and I was so touched by God that I couldn't stop crying... =')

After the service, Dan introduced me to Pastor Elijah and then I took some pics with Deva and Wendy!!! =D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


After dropping a few ppl off, Dan and I went back to his place to chill. He melted a chocolate bar, dipped strawberries in it and put them back in the fridge.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Then we had dinner with his aunts, uncle, cousin and niece at one of his aunt's house... =P After dinner, Dan and I went to Greentown to have tiramisu!!! *drools* The ambience of the café was relaxing... =D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I forgot the name of the café... =P

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mr. Dweeb

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The most delicious tiramisu I had ever tasted!

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Vodka Orange

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Greentown


After that, we went back to his place to watch American Pie: Band Camp while eating chocolated-dipped strawberries and drinking Jack Daniel's mixed with Coke... *ahem!* Then we had a heart-to-heart "girl" talk in the living room till 2 something in the morn.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dan bought these in Langkawi

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chocolate-dipped strawberries

***

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

JD Coke


Sunday (Oct 8th)

I woke up with a heavy feeling in my heart. It was my last day in Ipoh... =( God knows when I can see Dan again... *sighs* We were unusually quiet on the way to church. After travelling in silence for some time, Dan finally spoke up and said, "Time flies, huh? It's Sunday already." I swallowed hard, blinked back tears and murmured, "Uh huh..." =/

Anywayz, the service was awesome! Pastor Clement Wong's sermon topic was Regaining Your First Love. He preached about why Peter betrayed Jesus and why Jesus forgave him. As usual, Pastor Clement made us laugh till our bellies hurt and when I realized he was wearing a Mickey Mouse tie, I laughed even harder... hahaha... =D He's like a cross between Jim Carrey and Fei Mao... hahaha!!!

After the service, I overheard Dan speaking Japanese to a friend of his. Then I thought to myself, "Wow... Dan is fluent in so many languages!" He speaks flawless English, okie... AND he's fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin and Malay too... phwoar... @_@ He can speak a lil' bit of French and Spanish as well, I think. He's so incredibly intelligent (he's a medic student, btw), talented and... the list goes on and on... =P

Lemme tell y'all somethin'...

I put this in my Friendster profile since long ago under Who I Want To Meet and I wrote this just for fun:

Someone who puts God 1st in his life; a person who truly understands me and appreciates me for who I am, loves children, respectful, loving, caring, honest, kind, faithful, witty, cheerful, gentle, patient, loyal, understanding, intelligent, and mature. He must NOT be the flirtatious type of guy who has many female friends throwing themselves at him. He must be musically inclined too... ;D I have a fetish for musicians (guitarists/bassists/drummers). He must be good in cooking and poetry; loves reading (especially Christian books), and loves singing! ;P Besides that, he has to be fluent in Cantonese AND English (my former boyfriends were either good in English ONLY or they could only speak Chinese).

I usta think that you-know-who fitted 99.9% of the abovementioned criterias but when I evaluated Dan, I realized that he's EVERYTHING I'm looking for... and so much more. Actually, I always knew that. I knew that since 2 years ago. I just didn't think I would be good enough for him so I didn't dare to hope for anything to happen between us. A guy like him would never fall for a girl like me... =/ Only God knows if he's my Mr. Right.

CONFESSION #1:
I had a killer crush on him 2 years ago.

CONFESSION #2:
When Dan visited me in the hospital after my abduction ordeal in August, I was more glad to see him than anyone else, including you-know-who. I didn't understand why I felt that way. I was really confused... =S I mean, I was pining for you-know-who and yet I felt that way about Dan... @_@ But of coz, I didn't dwell on the feeling too long; if I did, I would have mentioned about it in my blog back then.

Dun worry, God told me to be patient so I'm gonna wait.

Ah... I sidetracked again... -_-

Anywayz, after the service, we had "dim sum" together.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last breakfast with Dan


Then we went back to his place to wait for Josh to arrive. After lunch, I went back to Dan's place to take my luggages. When we said our goodbyes, I couldn't bear to look at him in the eye. I didn't even hug him cuz I knew I would get emotional... =/ So I thanked him (for his hospitality) briskly and walked towards Josh's car with my head down. Josh was chatting happily with me about some stuff but I was barely paying attention to what he was saying cuz I was trying hard not to cry... *sighs* Somebody slap me, pls... =(

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last pic Dan took of me with his phone


Monday (Oct 9th)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The convo we had on MSN last Monday night
(We put each other's pic as our display pic... ;P)


Sunday (Oct 15th)

It has only been a week since we last saw each other but it feels like months ago. Yet when I recall the things we did together or the things he said to me during my stay in Ipoh, I remember everything so clearly as if it was only yesterday... =_=" I wish I didn't miss him this much... =( It's killing me... >.< Arrggghhhh!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The scented candles Dan gave me

***

I'm currently reminiscing about:

CLICK HERE ~ Runaway Vacation + The Benchwarmers
CLICK HERE ~ *Riding In Cars With Boys Equals A Crazy Night Out*
CLICK HERE ~ *Riding In Cars With Boys: The Sequel*

10 comments:

juliamoh said...

hug9

yau wei(wendy) said...

lalalalalala...nice post..enjoy reading it..kakakakaa...:p

Anonymous said...

he is so cute!

michsue said...

but of coz... ;P

Anonymous said...

actually dan likes u too.

ding, tell her the truth lah!

michsue said...

err... incognito... who r u?

Anonymous said...

someone who knows the both of u.

Anonymous said...

you are so ms right!!

michsue said...

hahaha... thanks... ;P who r u?

Anonymous said...

do u think dan likes you? :)